If you have been injured in an automobile accident and feel the cause of your injury is due to seat belt failure, then you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and The Haymond Law Firm can help.
Having a qualified seat belt failure attorney on your side is crucial. There are many facts that we, as the general public do not understand, that can be discovered by having a thorough investigation of the incident. Not only is it important to receive compensation for your injuries, but it’s important to bring forward a seat belt failure case against the auto manufacturer at fault. Auto manufacturers at fault should have financial repercussions in order to make their products more safe for the consumer.
Alarming seat belt related data
- Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death among those age 5-34 in the United States.
- Adults age 18-34 are less likely to wear seat belts than adults 35 or older.
- Seat belts reduce serious crash-related injuries and deaths by about 50%.
- Young adults (18-24) have the highest crash-related injury rates of all adults.
Some signs of a seat belt defect that may determine if you have a case:
- During the collision, more than one passenger who had worn his/her seat belt had sustained serious injuries
- An injured passenger is unbelted but insists that they had their seat belt latched prior to the automobile accident
- A passenger wearing a seat belt has made contact with the windshield or has been ejected from the vehicle
- An injured passenger who has been wearing a seat belt suffers injuries, with little vehicle damage at the accident scene, it is found that the seat belt is torn or damaged
Seat belt failure can occur, practice safety precautions:
- No matter how short your travels may be, ALWAYS buckle up!
- Tell your passengers to buckle up, even the back seat passengers.
- Children 12 years old and younger should sit in the back seat.
- If there’s an airbag, do not sit the child in that seat.
- Have children sit in the middle of the back seat if they can, as it’s the safest seat in the vehicle.
Is expected to perform up to expectations and save your life. When seat belt failure occurs, you deserve compensation to rebuild your life and recover damages, losses and pain and suffering.
Contact Haymond Law
The Haymond Law Firm has the experienced team of investigators and attorneys available to help you recover damages. With over 30 years of experience in helping victims of failed automotive safety equipment, like airbag failure, we can get you the compensation you deserve.
Our goal at The Haymond Law Firm is to help you repair your life and force the auto industry to make a change. Give us a call today at 1-800-HAYMOND or send us your information with the form at right about your defective airbag incident.