Know your rights in each state:
If you are involved in an automobile accident, it is essential to take certain steps in order to develop a strong claim.
- Seek immediate medical assistance if you are injured in anyway.
- Contact the police. They need to be called to the accident scene and write a police report of the incident.
- Exchange information with the other people involved, including names, phone numbers, addresses, license plate numbers, insurance company names and policy numbers.
- If it is safe, take pictures of the scene where the accident occurred. Also, remember that anything you say after the accident may be used against you in a future lawsuit, so only give facts that are accurate.
- Always obtain a copy of the police report, which are typically available 10 days after the incident. Don’t worry if the police report does not accurately reflect your recollection, your lawyer will advise you on this matter.
The Haymond Law Firm is one of the largest personal injury firms in the Northeast. We have a proven record of fighting for the rights of injury victims. We’ve achieved our record with hard work, dedication and determination. Each of our lawyers has years of courtroom experience, and access to a wide range of highly qualified experts. Every case is important to us and we prepare them all for trial. Our obligation to you is to get you everything you deserve. That’s our promise.